[BC] Verizon Broadcast Sales Group

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Fri Jul 31 23:47:27 CDT 2009

Curt:

I agree, verizon sucks.  In fact, when verizon decided on their new
name, they registered the URL verizon.com AND verisonSUCKS.com as they
KNEW someone would quickly put up a web site.  Instead, the web site
verizonREALLYsucks.com went up!

But, what is your choice if you live in the verizon footprint?  Even
if you use a CLEC, you are stuck with them providing the "lines."

Sadly, for me, I live in a FIOS area.  I cannot call 954-2222 for
Customer "Service."  I have to call the FIOS toll-free number.  The
954 number is answered instantly, and they are great, but because I am
in a FIOS area, I have to call THOSE customer "service" people, and
frankly, they really suck.  I complained during one call about the 45
minute hold time (after being transfered from the 954 number).  He
rather curtly told me that he would listen to may concerns, but that
would keep him from moving on to the next FIOS area customer, who was
going to be just as angry as I.  They just don't get it.

On the other hand, except for the dreadful customer "service" for
Verizon Wireless, the service is the best of all carriers on a
national basis, and in most local areas.  Then again, in some towns,
other carriers are better.  I have iPhones.  I used to get five bars
out of five, and now I am lucky to have any service at all at my
house.  OK, not important to the discussion, but iPhone = GREAT, AT&T
= GOD AWFUL.  I look forward to the iPhone on Verizon Wireless.

--chip