[BC] Keeping an eye on the ground

BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 01:45:09 CDT 2009

SCOTT,
i couldn't agree with you more.
DAVE and i were working on WKJV here in west ASHEVILLE, having
reflected problems with a HARRIS DX-50 (brought down to 25kwatts) and
a HARRIS/GATES 1, we were pulling our hair out( which i don't have
much on top anyway). the phaser was also having problems, what a mess.
then out of the blue it was mentioned that ever since they put a new
cleanout line to the septic tank they have had problems.
well that opened the eyes real quick. we put in a new 4" copper strap
from the transmitter room all the way to the first main doghouse on
tower one, 340 feet. at that point i was able to retune it back close
to the original settings and all the changing of the reflected
stopped and no more popping noises on the air when it rained, or
other funny things.
the phaser even looked better, except tower 2 has to be retuned to 50
j0 at the input to the phaser. right now it's 85 degrees out of
phase, which means the small dragonfly wings in the middle have
shifted to the north.
to all out there a bad or half-donkeyed ground to the ATU will cause
all kinds of funky problems. i have total proof of that.

In a message dated 7/27/2009 10:57:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,