[BC] KSWP/KAVX woes (Lufkin, Texas)

Paul Smith W4KNX paul at amtower.com
Sun Jul 26 17:17:10 CDT 2009

Back in the early 80's I installed a nice TVRO dish 15 foot prodelin and m/a
com receivers at a local TV preachers church.  He had signed the original
order and agreed to pay when completed.  The last day I was there I had
everything lined up and even ran accross him on one of the sat channels.  I
showed him his own show.  Anyway I presented my bill and he had the balls to
say to me:  "you are going to donate this to our fine church, right"?  I
said no and threatened to remove the system.  He called the local sheriff
and had me removed from the property saying I was making threats.  Almost
went to jail.  I had to sue him and it took 6 months to get my money.  I had
a similar problem with a local Tampa Bay religious TV station about the same
time.  It always amazed me.  They cried poverty all the time and had the
latest and greatest in studio equipment where the commercial stations were
making do with older gear.

Paul Smith
W4KNX
Sarasota, FL

Bob Barnswatts wrote:
> I sent a letter to the editor, that is nuts.  And what transmitter costs
> $163,000?  Heck, a tv transmitter is cheaper than that.

n earlier emergency fundraiser helped them move 30 percent toward their
goal of $163,000 to replace the two failing transmitters.

So the 163k is for a pair.