[BC] Sage Endec paper feed problem

Warren Shulz warren.shulz at citcomm.com
Sun Jul 26 09:15:40 CDT 2009

HI Steve,

Check the pico fuse under side of printer.  Looks like a 1/4 w resistor but its a fuse.  If that gets into being a slight R that is a symptom of your 'lazy' feed problem. I think you can replace with a 'short' and take your chances.

In back of Radio World a supplier sells printer bare, and paper at a favorable price.  Did obtain one and worked just fine.  For my house we use the RS-232 out to dot printers.

Many of these Sage units are senior citizen status.  Or, as Ed Vordolak (Fast Eddy-Chicago 10th ward Alderman) would say "Seasoned Citizens".

Waren Shulz
WLS CGO

1

________________________________

 on behalf of radioranger

I've got a Sage Endec EAS box with a printer problem.  The paper doesn't
always advance when the printer does a line feed.  The mechanism appears to
be working correctly, as I can see the little "reel type lawnmower" spool
rotate when I do the manual paper advance routine, but the paper seems to be
slipping too much and won't completely advance.  I wondered if the coating
on the thermal paper had come off on the feed rollers and made them slippery
so I tried lightly wetting a piece of regular copy paper with alcohol and
running it thru the mechanism, but no help.  Has anyone else experienced
this problem, and is there a fix, short of replacing the printer?

Steve Brown
Radio Rangers
Minneapolis