[BC] Anybody have a 1 KW AM rig I can buy?

wmroradio at bellsouth.net wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 24 16:01:19 CDT 2009

I've got a BE AM1A. I was told it was "over engineered" & was a good box, but I may get sell it. I did have a Armstrong and they are work horses. I may have to go back to an Armstrong. They make it through storms better! The only problem was we has a blowup in one of the modules and service was terrible, in addition, they didn't set my night power correctly. With the BE, I set the night power right where it's suppose to be, 3 watts. Three watts covers this little town with a decent signal.

I would love to find a Gates or Collins Transmitter. I miss those tube glowing. I have an LPB I can use for nighttime.

Best,
   Scott

--
Scott Bailey