[BC] Anybody have a 1 KW AM rig I can buy?

KJ4HYD kj4hyd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:27:15 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <wmroradio at bellsouth.net>

> I hate these lightning storms around here!

If you are having problems with Lightning whacking your Solid State
Transmitter, you may have a Grounding problem. Since I fixed a few Ground
issues here, my Armstrong X1000B Transmitter has lived through some pretty
WILD Thunderstorms. In fact, it does better than the old CCA AM1000D did in
storms. As much as I do NOT like that Armstrong, I will have to admit it is
a pretty tough customer!

My Gates 5 at WQIZ has also lived through some pretty strong storms as well.

73,
Kevin in Upstate SC
KJ4HYD
CE WCKI, WQIZ