[BC] Anybody have a 1 KW AM rig I can buy?

Powell Way powell at backroads.net
Fri Jul 24 21:09:48 CDT 2009

On Jul 24, 2009, at 5:01 PM, wmroradio at bellsouth.net wrote:

> I've got a BE AM1A. I was told it was "over engineered" & was a good
> box, but I may get sell it.

The BE is NOT "over engineered"  It is PROPERLY engineered.  If you
have problems with the BE and lightning you will have problems with the
Armstrong, and even problems with a tube transmitter.

Yes the BE will fold back and blip in a storm. It will even come back
on if there is a momentary power outage.  That's protection. The tube
transmitter will trip off.  It's best to get your grounding problem
fixed once and for all.

Powell