[BC] What is this?

tosenkowsky at prodigy.net tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 23 13:36:17 CDT 2009

>But I never admitted owning, using or enjoying the referenced highly
>modified instruments of evil.

I do seem to recall a brilliant young man who added
a second modulator tube and p-p mod xfmr to a CB radio.
It supermodulated, was very loud and blew everyone
else off the dial. One night, another CB'er in Queens
remarked how this lad was as loud as locals but his
S-meter didn't move. The lad convined the Queens man
that he was using a suppressed carrier and this way the
FCC couldn't track him down because his signal had no
carrier and didn't register on S-meters or DF gear.

We don't know who this birlliant young man was, but I
am certain he has advanced his career and is putting his
knowledge to gainful use :-)

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE