[BC] The Economy and Used Gear

Bob Tarsio Bob at Broadcast-Devices.com
Fri Jul 17 08:48:29 CDT 2009

Scott:

I think you may be right that folks are holding onto stuff and trying to put
it to good use. We have long believed that repair of older equipment is a
sound practice. We often get requests to repair our old CDS-200 Composite
Switcher/DA product. Some of these units have been out in the field for
nearly 20 years and we can still service them and make them like new for
anyone who needs composite switching. If they are sent back to us we can
usually repair and set them up for under $200.00 labor and materials. Of
course we like to sell new gear but we don't shy away from repairing out of
warranty equipment. The only caveat is the availability of parts which in
general is not too much of a problem for us.

If anyone out there has older BDI gear they would like a repair quote on
give us a call or shoot me an email off line.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Regards,

Bob Tarsio
President

Broadcast Devices, Inc.
2066 E. Main Street
Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567

www.broadcast-devices.com

Message: 5
From: wmroradio at bellsouth.net

<071720090101.8282.4A5FCD73000E50910000205A22230647029B0A02D2089B9A019C04040
A0DBF01070B0E9D019D0399 at att.net>

I just had a thought, with the economy in such a bad shape this past 10
months or so, wouldn't there be more used gear out there for sale or is
folks just holding on to what they have? At one time, you could find
limiters, small boards, transmitters, cheap! I wonder what has happen? There
is nothing but junk on ebay. I've been trying to find a cheap AM Mod Monitor
for months and nothing out there.

--
Scott Bailey
President/General Manager