[BC] The Economy and Used Gear

Milton R. Holladay Jr. miltron at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 18 03:27:04 CDT 2009

I usually get the impression that something that's not worth fixing or
overhauling is not worth having, to begin with, if it is not an obsolete
*type* of device. There are, of course, a few things that are OK that are
simply disposable,  usually beacuse they are difficult to repair and are
cheap.....er, inexpensive to begin with. Mostly, though, cheap is not
inexpensive.
A great number of maintainance problems are taken care of in the purchase
process.
I generally avoid manufacturers that obsolete their products fairly