[BC] Silly engineer tricks

Joseph M. Davis Joseph.Davis at rf-consultants.com
Thu Jul 16 09:21:56 CDT 2009

That's a good one, Al.

Reminds me about patching an alternate air feed into the control room
monitor/headphone circuit with a slight delay.  I would loop the off-air
monitor through a reel-to-reel machine set to record, with the playback head
feeding the control room monitor.  The jock wouldn't notice anything unusual
until cracking the mic and trying to live-announce, then couldn't carry on
with the delayed audio in the headphones (cranked to the max with Koss
Pro-4AA's as usual).  What fun...

Joe Davis