[BC] Silly engineer tricks

Alan Peterson alanpeterson at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 16 08:51:24 CDT 2009

This qualifies more as a silly production trick, but it was just as insidious and sneaky in its execution.

My old (1993-95) production room at WNNK Harrisburg had an EMAX sampling keyboard and a rudimentary MIDI sequencer. I was pretty much the only guy that used it, but everybody used the room to do their work. Every now and again (just because I could) I would load a two-note sequence into the EMAX which played a single water drip effect thru the Cue speaker every seven minutes or so.  Drove those poor bastids nuts.

I am so going to hell...

AP