[BC] Silly engineer tricks

Milton R. Holladay Jr. miltron at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 16 02:46:24 CDT 2009

On my first visit to Bobby Lambert's house ~40 years ago, he was showing me
some of the curious things he had acquired over the years, one of which was
a Violet Ray Machine, which his family had back in the 20s or 30s.
It seems that in the 30s when he was a teen, they had a neighbor who often
came home a bit inebriated on Saturday nights and commenced playing his
radio at a disturbingly loud level.. Out came the VRM, and, curiously, the
neighbor's radio suddenly bacame so plagued with static that it got turned