[BC] CP extension form

RSTYPE at aol.com RSTYPE at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 13:14:36 CDT 2009

Scott:

As long as the CP is for a minor change, it should be possible to file for
another one specifying the exact same facilities as long as nothing in the
allocation picture has changed.  You just need to time things carefully to
make sure another station doesn't have an opportunity to get an application
 which might conflict on file before your filing.  This is a situation
where  the assistance of a good communications attorney would be invaluable.

Roy Stype
Carl E. Smith Consulting Engineers

In a message dated 7/14/2009 1:58:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scott at lagrange-com.com writes:

>>  CP's are not renewable.  The only chance for extra time is if the  CP
sells to a qualified "entity" before the expiration date.

Crap.  I was afraid of this.  I was hoping I just couldn't  find the form.
have a client who is an institute of higher learning  that has a CP that
expires on 06/20/2010.  They are just now getting  around to debating about
putting the new antenna and transmitter out for  bids instead of taking my
recommendations of ERI and Nautel.   Interdepartmental squabbles about
swapping out the old  antenna...uugh.  I guess I'm gonna need to light a
fire
under  them.  It's gonna be a shame if red tape and bureaucracy causes us
lose this CP, it's a power increase of over 3000%!

Scott  Cason
LaGrange Communications
(502)  213-0024
www.lagrange-com.com