[BC] July

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Tue Jul 7 16:33:05 CDT 2009

I just realized that I hadn't made any "July" announcements.

In case you were napping <g>, you are receiving the Broadcast
list.  This is a list mainly for broadcast professionals. The [BC] is
on the subject line to help you filter the list in your reader.

For over 20 years, this list has helped many in the industry; both
commercial and non-comm are welcome here - we don't discriminate. As
such, the main thing we ask is that you carry on in a professional
manner, including identifying yourself. It is just professional
courtesy - and differentiates us from many lists and "chat rooms"
where anonymous posts seem to foster some acidic posts.

Often it is helpful to mention your location or specific details of a
problem. It is hard to answer some questions if we don't know where
you are - or what gear you have.

True, an occasional flame tries to break out, but we try to be
proactive to keep things on a cordial level. Fortunately, most
readers help to keep this list on a high plane - most of the time,
I'd like to think we are having a chat in my living room.

There is a "special announcement" that should happen later this
month, if all goes well and we don't melt!

What can we do to help one another?

thanks,
barry