[BC] KOMO Fire -

Clay Freinwald CFreinwald at entercom.com
Tue Jul 7 16:49:26 CDT 2009

1 - I've always wondered why a building or building codes would allow
such an installation in an occupied building.

Tell me Rich, where would you install this equipment?
You have to get AC power into the building to power it

2 - Entire neighborhoods have been shut down as the steam
blows asbestos everywhere. No one was allowed into their apartments
until cleanup crews were sure the asbestos was gone.

The KOMO facility is pretty new and you can bet that there is no asbestos anywhere.

3-  I'm assuming there was a transformer involved, somewhere in the mess.

Nope - Just big busses and switch gear.

4- Transformers were brought into each floor of the building just waiting to explode

Where did you get the idea that transformers all explode?   It is very common for high-rise buildings to run HV Busses up the building riser and transform it to 480/277/240/120 etc at each floor.  You are not going to run 120 up multiple stories.  All these transformers are dry.

Clay Freinwald
Entercom- Seattle