[BC] Radio station ignoring rules

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Mon Jul 6 15:54:47 CDT 2009

IIRC, They use that STL for both the Lowell and Lawrence transmitters. The
Lawrence one is close enough to Wood Hill that it receives the signal even
though the dish is pointed at the Lowell one.

I have no idea how they are feeding the STL. It's supposed to be fed by a line
from the 890 studios, but obviously it isn't being done that way.

-D

From: Sid Schweiger <sid at wrko.com>

>>I'm going to see if I can find any studio anywhere near the licensed
community.<<

Their station authorization is not available in the CDBS database.  However,
they have an aural STL with a transmit location of Wood Hill, Andover MA and a
receive location identified only as "VFW Highway."  The receive location
coordinates are extremely close to the coordinates of the 1400 transmitter in
Lowell (off by 0.3 degrees latitude and 1.8 degrees longitude).