[BC] Radio station ignoring rules

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 12:08:14 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 5:49 AM, <RichardBJohnson at comcast.net> wrote:
<snip>

> Is a radio station required to identify itself with its call letters?
>
> Is it legal to transmit a non-modulated carrier on the AM broadcast band?
>
> It is my opinion that if the following two questions are answered in the
> affirmative, then it signals the end of radio.

1. Stations are still required to use their assigned call letters as close
to the top of the hour as is practical.

2.  Perhaps the station has gone to the new "All Mimes All the Time" format
featuring Marcel Marceau.  In the evening they have game shows like Radio
Charades and Pictionary.  Coming soon to a station near you!