[BC] Fire suppression

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Fri Jul 3 16:02:13 CDT 2009

At 01:45 PM 7/3/2009, Dave Dunsmoor wrote:
> > Whatever happened to that?  Did the environmental wackos decide that was
> > a no-no?
>
>     Yeah, they did. You can still get it, or get the old ones renewed, but
>it's costly. Supposedly there is a "suitable sub", but I don't know how well
>it works. I DO know that Halon works, and it works extremely well.

         Alan, our resident fire expert may weigh in shortly.

         In the meantime, as I understand it, Halon replaces
         oxygen and according to some is dangerous for people.

         Remember, the government is determined to make
         sure nothing even remotely dangerous ever is allowed
         to be sold/used.  Soon, water will be labelled dangerous.
         "Avoid excessive consumption."