[BC] Fire suppression

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Fri Jul 3 16:43:43 CDT 2009

> >     ... I DO know that Halon works, and it works extremely well.

>          In the meantime, as I understand it, Halon replaces
>          oxygen and according to some is dangerous for people.

To parahrase my grandpa ("wish in one hand, spit in the other - see which
gets full first"), deal with fire or deal with slight oxygen depletion. In a
room large enough to hold me and equipment, there wouldn't be enough oxygen
depletion to be remotely concerned about..... which leads us to your next
comment.

>          Remember, the government is determined to make
>          sure nothing even remotely dangerous ever is allowed
>          to be sold/used.

Good point.

Dave