[BC] web registrars

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:42:58 CDT 2009

GoDaddy OFFERS the privacy protection, but it's a third-party
registration;I forget what the fee is offhand. It seemed like a good
idea - and since I haven't tried to migrate my domain (yet), I couldn't
say whether it's an issue... What it does is shield your personal
contact info from anyone doing a WHOIS search - and thus shields you
from getting spammed (even if you don't have a mail server associated
with your domain, your regular email is out there for all to see...)

BTW - GoDaddy also has Windows boxes available - along with the usual
collection of on-line site development tools...

They also offer the Google tool suite, if you want to include a site
search engine, for example.

Not sure whether the server software is Apache or not; never bothered to
check...

snip

--
Tom Spencer