[BC] Cell phones

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Sat May 31 08:11:04 CDT 2008

I wish it was that simple. The company presumes that they already
pay me enough so that I should be able to afford one. They also
expect all "Senior" Engineers to be on-call 24/7 just in case the
singularity is about to occur and we need to alter physics.

It's all too typical nowadays where we could be replaced
by somebody in India for one fifth the cost --so the stock-
holders presume.

So I'm going to do what I've had to do during the past twenty
years, keep my mouth shut and comply. When I was designing
equipment for the broadcast industry, nobody would dare
give me that kind of crap. I could move on a moment's
notice --to a better job. Times-a changed!

--
Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson

From: Cowboy <curt at spam-o-matic.net>