[BC] Cell phones

Mark Earle mearle at mearle.com
Sat May 31 10:15:43 CDT 2008

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote:
> I wish it was that simple. The company presumes that they already
> pay me enough so that I should be able to afford one. They also
> expect all "Senior" Engineers to be on-call 24/7 just in case the
> singularity is about to occur and we need to alter physics.

You might look at your local grocer - often, there are regional
re-sellers of Verizon or AT&T which offer pay as you go cheaply.

My mother has had a Tracfone for several years and is pleased with it.
She uses about 50 mins/month.

In my area (Corpus Christi) an outfit called "Cricket" is setting up
shop (they've been in Houston and San Antonio for a while). $60/mo (plus
nonsense fees, so it is more like $70/month you get unlimited everything
- data, voice, sms messaging, web browsing on the phone, email, etc. Of
course you must buy an appropriate hanset.. but this might be a good way
to go, if you actually want to use the thing - and know what the charges
are month-to-month.

--
mwe

    ) )
   ( (
    ) ) You will be assimilated..oooh, coffee!!
  |****|
( |    |KFTX 97.5 Real Country|Kingsville, TX
  |____|mearle at mearle.com