[BC] Cell Phone Number Questions

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Thu May 22 21:51:20 CDT 2008

They can do distinctive ringing.  I THINK that is four different ring
patterns, but I'm not sure.  They also have two ports on the router.
The second is NORMALLY used for a FAX line, but it doesn't have to be
used for that.  Also, if you "repurpose" the router to another VoIP
provider, it doesn't have those restrictions.

I have had Vonage twice.  Once was when I was volunteering to answer
the phone for a non-profit.  The second was a business line.  They
are so hard to cancel I don't think I will ever sign up again.  The
service is fantastic, the quality is MUCH better than POTS, and they
have all kinds of features.  BUT, if you are going to abuse me when I
NEED to cancel, to heck with you.  I had to get nasty to cancel the
business line.  It was worse than canceling AOL.

IF you think you will be with Vonage for a very long time, they are
great.  If you think you may ever need to cancel service, think twice.

I could really use a bridge for two lines right now.  It wouldn't be
for more than six to twelve months.  Because of the issues of
canceling Vonage, I won't go there.  It isn't an issue of the
cancellation fee, they just won't let you go.  They keep offering
less and less expensive plans.  They keep trying to talk you out of
leaving.  It just sucks.

--chip