[BC] More thoughts about AM transmitter lightning sensitivity issue

Tom radiofreetom at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:42:48 CDT 2008

Sidebar -

Seems there was this lady who claimed her dog was psychic... he'd bark
every time the phone was about to ring.

Seems the dog had one of those metal choker collars fastened with chain
to...

the cold-water garden-hose bib.  guess what else was connected to that
point...

The phone company ground.  Various versions abound, but somehow the hose
bib connection became not-ground - and the first ring, the dog jot a
jolt - which caused him to bark.  The second jolt resulted in liquid
being dispensed in the general area of the ground as well as a second
bark.  the liquid allowed the system to function normally (circuit not
completed through Fido), and the phone would then ring.

snip

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)