[BC] AM transmitter lightning sensitivity issue

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Wed May 21 13:56:05 CDT 2008

Do you have static drain chokes across all the towers? If so, do they still
work? I've seen them go open as the result of lightning and still look
fine-only an ohmmeter could find the problem.

I'd also make sure that you have an arc quencher where the tower feed comes in
to the ATU...and you might also try increasing the loop between the ATU and
tower to three turns from the normal one turn.

-D