[BC] Cable theft

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 17 12:14:06 CDT 2008

> no scrap yard that i know of takes any kind of coax.
> get a hold of the local police and have them hit the scrap yards, I bet you
> find your thief real quick. and one more thing, the scrap places have been
> taking I.D.'s when you sell the metal.

   When I take scrap to our local yard (which takes no steel or iron,
because they don't have room for it) I have seen coax from 8" to 3/8"
chopped into 5 or 6 feet long pieces packed into 5 foot square bales.
(mostly cable TV scraps)
   They only take aluminum, copper, brass & bronze, the most tonnage is
from aluminum pop & beer cans.(they have a shredder - compressor/bailer)

   They have all taken drivers license #'s for years, most likely a state law.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The harder I work, the behinder I get!