[BC] Part 15 radio station

Craig Healy craig.healy at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 21:03:56 CDT 2008

> Actually, when I had modelling software a while back, I modelled what
would
> happen if I made the antenna out of oil drums welded together to be about
3
> meters tall. The extra diameter knocked the capacitive reactance down from
> over 2k ohms to about 400, meaning I could use a much smaller inductor for
> matching.

Or instead of welded steel drums, a frame could be made of pressure treated
wood and then wrapped with copper screening.  Set it on a small island in a
salt water inlet, sort of like a small version of 1220 in Providence.  That
kilowatt station really covers, which is entirely due to the salt water
ground location.  Heck, make it all on a barge floating in the bay...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI