[BC] Digital Archiving <grin>

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Sat May 10 02:45:07 CDT 2008

Um, no!

Cell phones may not be dialed by auto-dialers, but if the rat-bastard
tele-marketer dials the phone number himself, it is legal.

Because of (mostly) VoIP, and other low cost long distance and
International dialing options, I am getting a LOT more telemarketing
calls from Mexico and the Caribbean.  I got rude with one, and he
said, "we are not covered by your stupid American laws."

SMS from overseas is also not covered.  US law just cannot stop them
-- as well as phone calls.

I don't answer calls from "unavailable" or "out of area" numbers, or
those from toll free area codes.  I have a list of almost 100 known
tele-marketers (see whocalled.us) and those calls are tanked
automatically as well.

SMS to Cell Phones is now becomming a problem.  My wife and I are on
AT&T, and they are REALLY stupid.  They give us the choice of ALL SMS
or NO SMS.  IDIOTS!  We SHOULD have the choice of SMS inside our
account or between people we choose.

It WOULD be nice to be able to use SMS between my wife, her family,
and my family, but we cannot because of all of the SPAM!  If they
allowed us to make up an "include" list we would be fine.  But no,
they want to force the SPAM on us!

I would REALLY like to be able to use SMS in the event of a national
emergency, but AT&T (nor Verizon) will allow it.  Jerks.

--chip