[BC] AM detection in teeth/fillings

Paul Smith W4KNX paul at amtower.com
Fri May 9 13:39:25 CDT 2008

Back in the late 60's the first radio station I worked at you could hear the
station in the boundary fence when there was fog.  Kinda sounded like they
sound when you hear the station in the coils in the tuning house.  I once
took a call from a person here locally that they could hear a station in
their toaster on their kitchen counter.  It was true.  Went out to look at
it and sure enough, if you position the toaster just right, you could hear
it.  The house was about 1/4 mile away in the main lobe.  On a foggy day,
you can hear the sync buzz from a local TV in almost everything.  In all
cases, it was rectification at a loose or corroded connection somewhere.

Paul Smith W4KNX
Sarasota, FL