[BC] AM detection in teeth/fillings

wpio wpio at gate.net
Fri May 9 12:58:09 CDT 2008

I agreed to speak 10 minutes to to a senior club of about
200 next Tuesday.

They want a shirt sleeve explanation of how radio works, but
  specifically asked me to tell what is known (truth or
fiction) about people reporting that they "hear" radio when
living near big AM stations.

I think it is this the phenomenon whereby the dental amalgam
metal is acting like a crystal in teeth?

Are the teeth then making a vibration producing audio, or is
it a nerve transfer of the detected audio into other nerves,
mimicking sound?

Anyone who can refer me to an explanation, Thanks!