[BC] treasuretrove of older tubes 2

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 8 19:14:41 CDT 2008

> I looked up the number 5763 and it came up as a description to a 9 pin beam
> power tube, that could be used in a small amplifier.

   Which is correct, the 5763 is a small power pentode similar to a 6CL7
or 12BY7, but beefer.  (more heater power as I recall)

   A number often confused is the 5762 a 5 kW triode with 3 copper straps
for the center tapped directly heated filament.  The grid is a flange around
the "not anode" end of the glass "plate insulator."  Without any pins.

   I have no idea what is described below.

--
    Ron  KA4INM - The harder I work, the behinder I get!