[BC] starlink interference

Xmitters at aol.com Xmitters at aol.com
Thu May 8 13:26:05 CDT 2008

In a message dated 5/8/2008 12:23:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

> That is interesting, we have experienced the same symptoms here, but
> only on very windy days.   I am wondering if chain link fences are
> arcing causing WB interference.
>
> Bruce Potterton
> KSGN

Bruce:

I don't know about chain link fences causing this, but I do know of a case
wit symptoms exactly as you describe. It was with an Anexter grid dish and the
problem was a bad feed horn assembly. Replacing the feedhorn assembly fixed the
problem

Before the repair, the problem could be triggeredby giving the tower a good
whack, just enough to set up a vibration. The STL went absolutely nuts!

This story from an engineering colleague of mine.

Jeff Glass
Northern Illinois University
Dell 2650 Win2000 AOL 7.0