[BC] Phone System &VOIP Question - A second question.

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Wed May 7 07:07:47 CDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <KC4QLP at aol.com>
> Another "issue" with magicjack is that your area code may not be
> currently
> available. Last look, many areas are "pending". When I activated my
> service, my
> area code, pending of course, I had to choose a number near NYC. No
> big deal
> for now as it saves on the cell phone minutes usage. Magicjack will
> allow you
> to change your number once for free and after that, it is a 10
> dollar fee to
> change your number. Good to know for when your area code becomes
> available for
> use.

My home phone, cell and pager are all in the 503 area code.  Telco
overlaid the 971 AC on top of the 503 AC so calls from one AC to the
other are local within my local calling area.  The MJ number that they
assigned to me is in the 971 AC.  We have 10 digit dialing here which
is a PITA but with fax's, cells, pagers and home phones I guess we're
running out of numbers fast.  I never thought that I'd have four phone
numbers.

Ron D