[BC] Re: FeedHorn Bug Covers

KC4QLP at aol.com KC4QLP at aol.com
Wed May 7 06:19:26 CDT 2008

<Reading the answeres to this post reminds me of the
<many times i've finished the sandwich from my feedbag
<and then turned the ziplock bag inside out so the rain
<would wash away any leftovers and secured it the end
<of a feedhorn with a black zip tie!

I've done something simular to this as a quick temporary fix. Clear plastic
and electrical tape to keep the wasp and bees out does wonders, however I would
recommend a plastic clear screen so things can breathe. The solid clear
plastic will allow condensation to build up...the water from the condensation would
then cause the received signal to be attenuated after a period of time.

Bob Carter - KC4QLP
Mid-Atlantic-Engineering-Service of Utica NY

http://midatlanticengineeringservice.cjb.net/
WKVU-FM 100.7 Utica/Rome NY, WKVJ-FM 89.7 Dannemora/Plattsburgh NY, WKYJ-FM
88.7 Rouses Point NY,WOKR 93.5 Remsen NY,WRCK 107.3 Utica NY, WKTV-DT 2 Utica
NY