[BC] Fallout from Unattended Operation

BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com
Mon May 5 22:24:44 CDT 2008

ALLEN ,,

with what you wrote on unattended fm'er's in the WASHINGTON area, it
brings to mind when I was working at, the now gone, WZLS here in
ASHEVILLE, N. C.. a Saturday wintry morning it was back in 1999, the
snow began to fall and getting worse as the hours past. as I kept up
with the weather and warnings throughout the snowy morning, I got a
call from a listener that had said the CC FM station here in town was
saying what a good day it was going to be. sunny with some clouds off
and on throughout the day.

well here in the mountains of western N. C. , the roads get bad
quick, they get slicker than water rolling off a ducks back, and not
to mention all the car wrecks. so needless to say CC had to live that
one down, it took a while. I don't really believe in complete
automation without a real live person being there. especially when
you say you are the towns spoke person of the air, the home town radio station.
someone needs to be there if something happens bad or good, and
relate the story to the listeners.

let me get off my soapbox now.

bill

In a message dated 5/5/2008 8:57:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,