[BC] Fallout from cuts

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Mon May 5 09:34:12 CDT 2008

------ At 12:48 AM 5/5/2008, rameuser at tmo.blackberry.net wrote: -------

>There is jazz in NYC.  It is below 92 where it can be done well.

New York has one of the best Jazz stations there is, even though it's
in Newark. WBGO.

>New York has been very stable as far as formats and personalities
>go.  Change comes only when needed (at least usually).

I believe New York's "stability" comes from fear of the risk of
change. Look back over the past 3 years or so and tell me it's been
stable. There have been many changes, most of which haven't worked.
Where in the world is Jack? How about "Free FM" Talk? I spent 20
years in New York radio and many formats have changed. Some stations
have changed many times.

Rich