[BC] RCA BTA5L

georgemccauley georgemccauley at verizon.net
Sun May 4 23:55:23 CDT 2008

We old guys still call the scott connected transformers, Phase
Changers. We have been making(and stil do) for many years. Continue
to sell plate transformers, chokes, reactors to the Broadcast Mfgs.
One name that is still in the Mfg. business is Bernie
Wise(energy-onix.com) Have several PO's in house. Now that Peter Dahl
no longer in the business,we seem to get a lot of his old customers
coming to us. George Mc Cauley, Magnetic Specialties(magspecinc.com)

From: Peter <peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com>
Date: 2008/05/02 Fri PM 04:27:04 CDT
On May 2, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Ron Youvan wrote:

 > I have seen many of these, the Scott connected plate
 > transformer (3 phase in and 4 phase out) is something
 > that I have been trying to get my brain around ever
 > since.

"Four-phase", but really two-phase full-wave (for rectifiers), much
as "six-phase" is really three-phase full-wave.