[BC] Phone System & VOIP Question

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo at usa.net
Mon May 5 01:37:27 CDT 2008

VOIP can work better then POTS with a hybrid, because there's no loop
involved-just a short piece of phone cable connecting the ATA (analog
telephone adapter) and the hybrid. The hybrid doesn't have to null out all
that reactance.  With some ATAs you can also crank up the caller audio volume,
making the hybrid's job easier.

In theory, there's someplace within the ATA itself where you should be able to
pick off caller audio only-this would eliminate the need for a hybrid (and
offer much better voice quality).

-D

On 5/4/08 7:30 PM, "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting at gmail.com>