[BC] Localism

Sid Schweiger sid
Fri Sep 15 13:27:31 CDT 2006

>>Which is why people no longer trust or have any confidence in the federal
government.<<

I'm now reading a book which should be required reading in every high school in the country:  "Attention Deficit Democracy," by James Bovard.  (www.jimbovard.com)  If you want to be truly scared for the survival of this country, you should read it.  Since it was written recently, it focuses on W's abuses and power grabs, but it also documents, in a way that no one else has, the abuses of power over the past 20 years or so by every US president, the repeated demonization of those who would protect and secure our liberties against the continuing power grabs in Washington, the kowtowing to power practiced by the media, and how our collective reaction has been "so what?"  We've reached the point where not only do we not trust government, we also don't even care.

The crying shame is that a book like this won't even arouse our dulled sense of outrage about what's going on in Washington.  I'm betting that this generation's Woodward and Bernstein would be laughed out of any newspaper editor's office.

Our liberties and freedoms are going into the toilet at an ever increasing clip.  Soon they'll be gone, we won't ever get them back, and we literally won't know what hit us.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379