: Re: [BC] CD Players and OTS DJ

Kevin Trueblood kevint
Fri Sep 15 13:18:26 CDT 2006

I realize that I'm about a week behind on this conversation but I thought I
would toss my 2 cents in.  I've used OTS DJ for 5 years now on an Internet
station I personally run at home.  That thing just runs and runs and runs on
an 800Mhz machine.  The only problems I've ever had is with the computer
running it on Windows 98SE.  Built in Shoutcast plugin, built in processing
is a nice touch, and live-input which makes going on-air a snap.  Love OTS
DJ.  Some of the auto EOM's suck, but the OtsStudio lets you go in and fix
those and manually mark the EOM point.  I was beside myself when they came
out with the new version that does MP3's and WAV's...so you can insert stuff
automatically like news and voice tracks without having to convert to the
OTS format.

Kevin Trueblood
Operations Manager
AAA Entertainment Radio Group - Bloomington, Il
WIHN-WRPW-WDQZ-WYST
Program Director
WYST/Star 107.7
phone:  309-888-4496
fax:       309-452-9677
kevint at aaabloomington.com

Message: 31
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:23:39 -0500
From: "Lane (Radiolanes)" <lane at radiolanes.com>
Subject: Re: [BC] CD Players

Winamp with the shoutcast plugin works great. I have it set up at all of our
stations as a private feed so I can hear what is going over the air when out
of range. It has some delay but works well and is very stable.
    OTS works great as well for a home automation music system, it takes a
lot less power than my reel and carousel DP-1! Plus I dont have to change
tapes. OTS has made a change so that it will now import MP3's as opposed to
converting them to their OTS file. I have one box running the old version
(called OTSjuke) on a win ME machine (dont laugh) that has not been rebooted
in almost a year. Very stable and does what it was inteded to.