[BC] Emergency Traffic /really drifitng on a Friday...

Rich Wood richwood
Sat Sep 9 10:48:17 CDT 2006

------ At 02:39 AM 9/9/2006, Ray Vaughan wrote: -------

>If you want to know what's going on here now, here is our Computer
>Aided Dispatch
>screen:  http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/firecad/wwwcipnew.asp  and
>you can listen here:  http://65.222.96.133/ListenIn.asp   An idea
>stolen from my Broadcasting work, I set up listen lines for our
>channels.   Nice thing about working on both the radios and the
>phone system... I get to tie them together.   On a good night I'll
>see 20+ people on the lines from all over the country.   I won't
>give out the numbers in a public forum. If your station has an Avaya
>phone system, I can show you some ideas.

After all those years of trying to ban public access to emergency
communications we now have departments putting nearly everything on
the Internet. Now a criminal doesn't need a scanner, just a Treo or
other wireless PDA with one of the wireless data services. Much
easier to convince the police you had no evil intention. After all,
it's only a cell phone with pictures.

Of course that priceless Ming vase you're sitting on might tip them off.

Rich
KF2JO

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia