[BC] FIRST LPFM BITES THE BUST

Tom Bosscher tom
Tue Sep 5 09:41:35 CDT 2006

Bailey, Scott wrote:
> Tom,
>    Is there a "such thing" as interference from a FM station doing IBOC?

	Scott, there are several cases in the US, where a rim shot
class A (located in or near COL) lost coverage in it's
non-protected contour (inside COD*), when a second adjacent
Class B fired up IBOC.

	I'm trying to figure out what Clarence really means. I'm
trying to guess whether another station, 2nd adjacent, fired
up IBOC and has/is interfering with him. Did he have an
agreement with a school system to help support the station,
and now that support is being pulled? Or is he worried about
the future cost of IBOC? I'm 53, and I'm willing to bet that
  when I go room temperature, analog FM will still be here.

	tom bosscher

* COD is a codified, modified and trumped up abbreviation to
stand for City Of Desirability. It is my life passion to
have the FCC forms include, right next to COL, a line for
COD, so we really know what the applicant wants.

At this time, I, Tom Bosscher, being of somewhat sound mind,
deem COD to be in the public domain. No one can make any
money off this term, unless they pay me off first. And Barry.

And I thank you for your time.