[BC] FIRST LPFM BITES THE BUST

Black, Mike black
Tue Sep 5 08:56:13 CDT 2006

The only interference to take place is if a station upgrades and thus
now places a signal closer to the LPFM in a first or second adjacent
situation, or even co-channel. IBOC could come into play with a 1st
adjacent or co-channel on FM. However, this would only likely be to an
upgrade of the full power station, as the Commission would not have
granted the LPFM is their was an interference problem to start.

Mike Black
Geneva, NY

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Bailey, Scott
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:49 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] FIRST LPFM BITES THE BUST

Tom,
   Is there a "such thing" as interference from a FM station doing IBOC?
There are two FM stations in the Nashville Market doing IBOC and they
are not causing interference at all. Actually, WVNS-FM (102.5) had to
turn down their modulation when they went IBOC, so on the analog side,
they are really not as loud as they once were and they are not causing
no interference. As we all know, IBOC on AM is another story, due to
limited bandwidth.
   Tom, there is just more to this than what Clarence wants to tell us.
He needs to be upfront with us and tell us what's wrong. I'm sure
somebody here can help him.

Scott