[BC] Sales: proud to be whores

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky
Mon Sep 4 19:42:29 CDT 2006

> Talk to the good ones and they will proudly admit to the title, they
> pay my salary the more whoring the do the better I live.

At one station many years ago, a client sent flowers to one of
our AE's. Naturally, the receptionist and other AE's read the
card. "Last night was great, you were great, can't wait till next
time." or some such. The recipient was engaged and we all
assumed she got the contract signed late that night or early the
next morning.......

The GM of one of our stations that plays True Oldies Channel
told me the Chicago station plays more spots than the format
allows for and end the stopset with a "We now join the True
Oldies already in progress" kind of announcement. He was
critical of that.

My response was that I'd hire them in an instant! Obviously the
format and sales combination works and kudos to those who can
sell more than what is allotted.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE