[BC] Sales: proud to be whores

Mike McCarthy Towers
Mon Sep 4 13:33:33 CDT 2006

I know sales sluts and sales pros.  I'll take the pros any day.  The bring
the money consistently with happy/satisfied clients who neither under
deliver or over promise.  The sluts are one shot artists many times and end
up alienating clients and many times their associates because of bad
experiences from one thing or another.  Recouping those good will losses
are even more difficult if the client is prominent.

The really good guys have been at a station (especially in a smaller
market) for a LONG time.  They know everything and everyone.

While this mindset doesn't please the Wall Street returns now hawks, I'll
gladly take a 25% less now for 100% consistent revenue later from a better
account executive sales professional.

Having said the above, I know of some sales sluts which are heads and
shoulders about the others.  They could sell cracked egg shells to a hen
house. Thank god they're in radio and not telemarketing.

MM

At 07:59 AM 9/4/2006 -0700, Robert Meuser wrote