[BC] The future of broadcasting...

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Sep 3 08:42:38 CDT 2006

------ At 09:58 PM 9/2/2006, nakayle at gmail.com wrote: -------

>This is SO TRUE!  This is what has killed the "oldies" format- endless
>repetition of the same old playlist month after month, year after year.  The
>PDs of these stations seem to forget that it wasn't like that back in the
>era they are trying to re-create- back then there were constantly new songs
>being introduced every week to keep the music new and fresh.

On what research do you base this? How do you know "This is SO TRUE?"
We all seem to forget the huge success of Top 40 with a tiny
playlist. Maybe it flourished because those 40 songs were
interspersed with great talent. Growing up I was able to listen to
WABC, WBZ, WDRC, WKBW, WHDH and many other stations with
personalities that relied on showbiz rather than shock. The music was
almost an afterthought. We don't have much of that kind of talent today.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258