[BC] Can't solve it if you don't know about it

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit
Mon Jul 31 01:09:40 CDT 2006

> It is clear that an engineer can't fix something he doesn't know about.
>
> So, what are the most effective means you have found for getting the
> message from the staff to the engineer?
>
> Memos?
> Email?
> Discrepancy reports?
> Fire Alarms?
> Smacks to the head?

Operations manager, who kept me in the loop regarding problems and their
priority levels. Sometimes notes on the engineer's door worked well also.

> And the allied issue ... how do you communicate back that the problem
> has been solved?
>
> Note on the CR window?
> Memo?
> announcement on the PA system?
> Smacks to the head?

Again, constant communication with the ops manager, or note on the
engineer's
office door with appropriate items crossed off.

Dave Dunsmoor