[BC] Can't solve it if you don't know about it

Ron Youvan ka4inm
Sun Jul 30 19:29:33 CDT 2006

>> Good idea as far as it goes...  How do you find out what has tags on it ?

   The supervisor (if any) reviews the 8.5 X 11"  "discrepancy
report" weekday mornings and assigns various repair jobs to
repair people based on location and equipment familiarity.

(From the days where operators were assigned repair jobs for
the periods of time where there was a lull in the operating
duties.)

 >         And what about the lamps on the
 >         console? Do you put a tag on each pot?

   The little form on the little tag (2 X 3" tag) says which pot/lamp
has which problem and the reporter would discard the string tape
the tag to a visible out of the way edge of the equipment,
this should warn whomever sets down to use the equipment.
We had a RED stamp pad to imprint the little form.

   We insisted, if "burnt out lamps" were being replaced the job
wasn't complete until ALL defective lamps were replaced and a
search for problems and a conformation that things (in the area)
are not in need of repair.  If a problem was found it would be
repaired then or a new tag would be left if no more time remained.
--
    Ron  KA4INM