[BC] Modualtion Monitors (do we need them?)

Cowboy curt
Sat Jul 29 18:11:11 CDT 2006

On Saturday 29 July 2006 06:40 pm, Wade Giddens wrote:

> I am going to defend the use of Modulation Monitors for some very practical
> reasons.  I love blinky lights!  Actually, within the last week, our AM
> transmitter remote control called and reported a telemetry alarm.  The
> telemetry alarm was triggered by dead air resulting from a programming
> error. The Inovonics Modulation Monitor is wired into the Sine Systems
> facilities controller.  If the transmitter goes off the air, or if there is
> dead air, it calls.  Plus, I can call it up and listen for positive or
> negative modulation peaks.  Blinky sounds!

 I would defend their use for those reasons, and more.
 Even so, RM is quite correct in their limitations and resolutions.
 If push comes to shove, there is much to be said for
 a 100mhz analog scope in the right hands.

--
Cowboy